Countdown to Summer Break

My class has been working our way through the ABC Countdown to Summer.  We were out of school on Monday for Memorial Day.  

Tuesday the kids came to school wearing their Radical Colors.  I forgot my camera but I had to share what one of my boys said, "I've got a simile...It's as bright as the sun in our class!"  You have to love it!  

Yesterday was Stuffed Animal day.  The kids were SO, SOO, SOOO cute.  They snuggled up with their animals and read chapter books.  The kids wanted to choose spot to snap a shot of their loveable animals in class. 





Today was Twin Day.  I about fell over when I saw the kids and how well they coordinated with each other.  No parent involvement, just the kids planning out what to bring or wear.  

First thing this morning, Brady walked up to me and ask if Hayden can go to the bathroom and change his shirt.  I must have looked confused because Brady proceeds to say that he and Hayden wore the same shorts but he had to bring him a shirt for Twin Day.  So I started looking around the room.  Tairi and Kalise coordinated with our class shirts and jeans. I continued to be tickled when looking at all the kids that paired up.  Maya and Azura wore the jean skirt over their leggings with their same purple tee. 




Tomorrow is suppose to be U but I have something up my sleeve for Monday and traded for Mondays Video Day.  Our school theme for next year will be Global Missions.  I decided to watch Wall-E and focus on cause and effect.  What causes human life to leave the planet?  What are the effects of not Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling.  We will create cause and effect posters to help motivate teachers and students to activate their thinking when cleaning out the classrooms for summer break.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...